At The Curious Comb, we recognise our responsibility to protect and preserve the environment for future generations to come.
We endeavour to:
- Comply and exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Continuously improve environmental performance in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our salon and reduce environmental impacts from our activities on the environment and local community.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse, recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in the salon in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources.
- Create environmental awareness amongst our employees, customers, suppliers and the community at large.
At present, we currently:
- Recycle all packaging including delivery boxes and packaging, aluminium foil, shampoo bottles, tint boxes and tubes, stationery and used magazines.
- Upcycle, by using predominantly vintage furniture.
- Use low energy light bulbs where possible and only use additional lighting when necessary.
- Switch off all electrical equipment when the salon is closed to minimise energy consumption.
- Use energy saving hairdryers.
- Wash towels on a low temperature setting and allow to air dry instead of tumble drying.
- Offer recyclable paper shopping bags to clients instead of plastic bags.
- Minimise water consumption where possible.
- Minimise light and noise pollution in the immediate area of the salon.